September 8, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I am one of the only horses ever to be favored in different Breeders‘ Cup races.

*I was a multiple grade 1 winner in each of my seasons on the racetrack.

*Unfortunately both myself and my regular rider are no longer of this world.

*I did something of note in the Triple Crown that may never be done again.

*Dad‘s racing career may have been cut short, but my grandparents achieved historic accomplishments.

*I was only defeated nine times, and one of those was via disqualification in a turf stakes at Saratoga.

*Among the horses I defeated include a handicap champion, a three-year-old champion, and a sprint champion, and one of those was a Horse of the Year.

*I was also a champion, but the truth hurt in my attempt for a second.

*My first six grade 1 victories were contested at six different racetracks from coast to coast.

*The best of my offspring include a Canadian and an Englishman.

*I hold a Breeders‘ Cup distinction that can never be taken away from me.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Chief's Crown

Brian Zipse said...

1st guess is a winner, way to go Leslie, it is Chief's Crown!

SJPhilly said...

Well done, Leslie! I will be first one of these weeks.

Leslie said...

I used my American Racing Manual from 1985.

Brian Zipse said...

A great book ... I believe I remember that edition. LOL Well done Leslie!

Chief's Crown was the winner of the first ever BC race in the '84 Juvenile, and the beaten favorite in the following year's Classic. He also was favored in each leg of the Triple Crown despite losing each one.

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Congrats Leslie. Nice job