June 12, 2010

Churchill’s Morning After and ZATT Strikes Again

Darren Rogers, the personable media director at Churchill Downs, walked into the press room this morning a little tired, but ready for another big day at the Downs. He proclaimed to me what a huge success the previous night’s Downs after Darks had been, “A big disco party at the racetrack!” and was already grinning about the big day of racing we are in store for today. My early morning hesitation was gone, and I became more pumped for the day after our one minute conversation. It’s great to be at Churchill Downs, plus I have a little announcement….


Today is the day that the ZATT family of blogs begins. Four new blogs under the ZATT umbrella. If you liked what we have done before, I urge you to take a look at the Mag, History, International, and Technical. It is pretty, pretty good (using my best Larry David voice) if I do say so myself.


Renowned handicapper and author, Dr. William Quirin writes about racing for the first time in a long time, and he does it for ZATT Mag.


Ciarán De Barra, my European correspondent, gushes about the recent winners of the Epsom and French Derbies, and rightly so, on ZATT International.


The man who knows more about a horse’s gray matter than just about anyone in the world, Kerry Thomas, unveils his next article, Behavioral Overcompensation, for ZATT Technical.


And yours truly, celebrates the life and times of a recently passed superstar, Chinook Pass, kicking off ZATT History.


Thank you all for your continued support as ZATT continues to bring you quality stories for the love of Thoroughbred horse racing!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Behavioral Overcompensation sounds fascinating! Cant wait! TY Brian!!

Ciarán said...

just read them all , great pieces. v enjoyable reads.

Brian Zipse said...

Thank you for reading Jane!

C, you might especially enjoy the International piece! ;)

Ciarán said...

haha no, i read the other ones! v good. i'm in good company anyway!

Anonymous said...

I just read all of the new blogs Brian and they are great. I especially enjoyed the International one and Mag!
European racing is becoming more exciting to me recently and I've been trying to slowly understand and educate myself about it better.
Great stuff, thanks!

Brian Zipse said...

Thank you Railrunner, much appreciated!

NetworkEmpowerment said...

I read them all and all were FANTASTIC!!!