May 12, 2010

Winning at My First Preakness

Everyone remembers their first time. Whether it is a first kiss or a first visit to Disneyworld, there is something magical about that first time. My friends, I am thrilled to announce that I will be experiencing an important first this week in Maryland. I know what you are thinking, and no, that’s not it! Please remove your mind from the gutter. I am talking about a horse racing related first time. I am somewhat embarrassed to announce (let me whisper this, so no one else overhears) that I have never been to the Preakness. I have never even been to Pimlico for that matter.  I know it’s hard to believe. I have been going to the races since birth and I’ve been to around three dozen different thoroughbred racetracks. I’ve been to countless Kentucky Derbies and Belmont Stakes, but never once to the Preakness. Why? I have no good answer, but I will finally rectify the sad state of affairs in a matter of days. It’s about time, and I consider completing the Triple Crown as a rite of passage of sorts. And every subsequent visit, no matter how many years later, will be compared with this trip, my first Preakness. I am chomping at the bit to get there, and once I get there I plan to win.
***The remainder of today's column can be found on Youbet.com*** Click Here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the Preakness Brian, have fun.
I'm still going with Lookin At Lucky after his bad Derby finish. Giving Jackson Bend a second shot with second, I really like the way Zito brings horses back from a short rest after big races and Jackson Bend looks really sharp. Super Saver is my third choice but I won't be at all surprised if he wins Saturday.
Schoolyard Dreams and Caracortado are my "live" long-shot picks. Wouldn't it be a great story if Caracortado were to win?

The_Knight_Sky said...

As long as you're bringing $50 bucks to Ball'more you'll be alright:

$30 bucks to park your car + $20 all-you-can-chug.

Good luck & enjoy the good weather.

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Oh, the little green moster of jealousy. How ironic I'm wearing that color today. I hope you have fun at your first Preakness.

I like quite a few horses in this race, but i will have a top three of LAL, SS, and Dublin, in no particular order.