May 29, 2010

True Hall of Famers

Well done voters! Four greats were inducted into the National Museum of Racing’s Hall of Fame yesterday, and in my eyes they could not be more deserving. Randy Romero, Azeri, Best Pal, and Point Given are in. I congratulate each for the ultimate honor. As a lifelong fan of Thoroughbred horse racing, one of my favorite days of the year is the announcement of brand new members of the Hall of Fame. It makes me think back about their wonderful careers, which is always fun, but it also re-invigorates me for the upcoming races and future greats. I look forward to the induction ceremony, which will take place August 13 at the Fasig-Tipton sales pavilion in Saratoga. Let’s take a look at why they were so deserving.
***The remainder of today's column can be found on Youbet.com*** Click Here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assuming Zenyatta wins Champion Older Female that will make two racing mares/fillies to have won 3 consecutive older female titles in one decade.
Great article Brian. I think excellent Hall of Fame choices were made this year!

Brian Zipse said...

Thanks Railrunner, and true, but I have not given that award to Zenyatta just yet. ;)

NetworkEmpowerment said...

All four of those inductee's deserved it. I'm especially glad that both Azeri and PG made it in. Azeri showed what a great race mare can do if given the chance to just strut her stuff.