October 27, 2010

Who Am I ???

*Bred outside of the United States, I was a grandson of one of the most important sires in American history.

*I never raced in California, and did not run in New York until my 27th start.

*I raced on both dirt and turf, but had a strong affinity for one over the other.

*No fewer than six of the racetracks where I ran, have closed, no longer offer thoroughbred racing, or have been renamed.

*I was a stakes winner in each of my four seasons of racing, and I finished in the money 33 times.

*I once had odds of longer than 130-1, but I was 8-5 or lower in my next five races.

*Better with age, I won more stakes races and earned more money each successive year.

*I was a multiple graded stakes winner at all of the following distances: 7f, 8f, 9f and 10f.

*Well traveled, I competed at nine different racetracks during my Eclipse Award winning season.

*I ran in the same million dollar race in back-to-back years and fared much better the second try.

*Two of my sons were grade one winners and millionaire earners in the United States.

*Things were seldom of a casual nature for me.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exceller?

Brian Zipse said...

Exceller is not tonight's answer.

Seaneff said...

Perrault (GB)

Alan H. said...

Black Tie Affair

Brian Zipse said...

Nor is Perrault.

Brian Zipse said...

Five minutes! Had a feeling this might go quick. Well done Alan H., it is Black Tie Affair!

Anonymous said...

Black Tie Affair??
Norma

Anonymous said...

Son of a guin, I had it immediately and finally figured out how to leave a comment!! LOL
Norma

Brian Zipse said...

How did you get it so fast Alan ... Sorry Norma!

Seaneff said...

Black Tie Affair was my 2nd choice too!

Ernie said...

Black Tie Affair!! (Cheating off Alan's paper)

Sharon M said...

Miesque

Alan H. said...

After weeks and weeks of struggling with your clues, this week had one that jumped out at me. It was the last one, "Things were seldom of a casual nature for me". I had no idea up until that clue. After a quick check to confirm he was in the money 33 times, I submitted the answer.

Thanks for doing this contest. It's so much fun to do and so gratifying to win!

Brian Zipse said...

My pleasure Alan ... and big congrats! You are now the champ!!!

Ernie, a dollar late and...

Sharon, I'm turning off the lights, you are welcome to keep guessing, but please lock up when you leave. ;-)

Anonymous said...

John Henry