October 13, 2010

Who Am I ???

*Although I was bred outside the U.S., my sire, grandsire, and I are all members of America’s Hall of Fame.

*Well traveled, I competed at 12 different racetracks, winning at ten of them.

*My impressive winning streak was halted at Gulfstream Park at odds of 1-5.

*I was victorious in just shy of two-thirds of my lifetime starts, although my winning percentage was worse each progressive season.

*Saratoga was always a track I enjoyed visiting; with a record of 5 for 5 there, you can understand why.

*I was ridden by the same jockey in all of my first 23 races.

*English was my second language; Français était ma langue originale.

*In my Eclipse Award winning season, I raced more than ten times.

*Sadly, I did not survive long enough to retire from my racing career.

*I was a multiple stakes winner in two different nations.

*I set the pace at Churchill Downs on May the 4th, but I could not quite hold off my competition.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

14 comments:

Rachel said...

Noor?

Brian Zipse said...

Solid guess, but it is not Noor.

JacksOrBetter said...

All Along?

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry, All Along is incorrect.

Rachel said...

La Prevoyante?

Brian Zipse said...

Way too quick ... You were en fuego tonight Rachel! Well done, it is La Prevoyante!!!

JacksOrBetter said...

Oh man, I got it two minutes too late. Nice Rachel!

Brian Zipse said...

Tell all your fans how you got it so fast tonight, Rachel?

Sharon M said...

La Prevyante

Ernie said...

Grumble. Stumped

Sharon M said...

LOL! Too late! Oh, well...I'll keep trying.

Brian Zipse said...

You are not this week's champ, but I am still impressed Sharon.

Rachel said...

I went to the Hall of Fame website and look at the horses in the Hall. I orginally misread the first part and assumed outside of North America. However, after the Noor guess was wrong I went back and looked for French sounding names. Then saw La Prevoyante, but was almost thrown off since French is considered the second language in Canada (except in Quebec of course).

Brian Zipse said...

Awesome Rachel! Yes, La Prevoyante was a French-Canadian through her connections.