October 20, 2010

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Kentucky, I was descendant of popular sire lines of both Northern Dancer and Raise a Native.

*I was not a consistent winner, but all but one of my victories came in graded stakes.

*The first four victories of my life came in the West, Midwest, East, and South.

*My racing career was cut short by injury, but at least I went out a winner, with a near seven length score in my finale.

*My two most important victories were the same two as my sire; we also share the same number of lifetime starts.

*I had more stakes wins in the Land of Lincoln than any other state.

*The average winning margin in my graded stakes victories was four lengths.

*I saw racing action in three different years, but 80% of my wins occurred in my second season.

*Not blessed with great racing luck, I unfortunately became known for my bad trips including in the Breeders‘ Cup.

*Right or wrong, I always felt it was my broodmare sire that sent me down a questionable path.

*Since my retirement, I have resided in New York, California, and Kentucky.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

25 comments:

Ernie said...

I hate going to the books. Refuse. Rather lose.

Brian Zipse said...

Not sure what to say to that Ernie.

Michael said...

Just to show I'm participating, I'll go off the wall with Mula Gula!

Brian Zipse said...

Game ... Not Over, Mula Gula is incorrect.

Michael said...

I'm shocked!

Brian Zipse said...

I liked Mula Gula.

Michael said...

Not enough to say "CORRECT"!

Brian Zipse said...

The game is nothing if not fair & honest. With so many people looking right now I am shocked that you are the only one to guess so far.

Rachel said...

I'm taking the week off. Too nervous about the Phillies.

Brian Zipse said...

There's no baseball during Who Am I ???

Michael said...

Flower Alley?

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry, it is not Flower Alley.

Michael said...

No apology necessary but appreciated.

Ashley B. said...

Ten Most Wanted? By the way - I happen to love Mula Gula...course I do own one of his daughters, so I might be just a tad biased lol

Brian Zipse said...

Ring it up! Ashley B. showing off her brains!! Ten Most Wanted it is!!!

Michael said...

Looks like a winner to me!

Ashley B. said...

Yay!! lol

chiefdave said...

Congratulations!

Ashley B. said...

Thanks!

Brian Zipse said...

Tell us all how you came up with Ten Most Wanted, Ashley...

Ashley B. said...

Looked up "Land Of Lincoln" (I thought it was Nebraska at first lol) - found out that was Illinois...decided to scroll through a list of Illinois Derby winners for ideas...assuming the answer might be there - came to TMW I remembered reading how he had moved from NY to Cali recently..so I decided to go on that, just assuming he started in KY - assumptions worked for once! haha

Brian Zipse said...

It's as easy as that sometimes. Well played Ashley, you are a deserving champion!

Ashley B. said...

Thanks! Glad I decided to participate, very fun!

Ernie said...

Great job, Ashley!

Kimness said...

Congrats Ashley! A horse, for once that I'm familiar with!! (I didn't know the Land of Lincoln either)
Keep em coming Brian - I learn a lot when I read these.
thank you!!