July 21, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I was owned and bred by a powerful Kentucky farm / racing stable.

*I was a multiple grade 1 performer on turf and dirt, with grade 1 wins on both surfaces.

*My trainer was a son of a Hall of Fame trainer, and my regular rider is in the Hall of Fame.

*In fact, every jockey that ever rode me has been inducted into the Hall of Fame.

*I finished in the money in 96% of my lifetime starts, with my only off the board finish coming in an allowance race of my Eclipse Award winning season.

*I was never able to produce a single winner.

*In my championship season, I won three grade 1 races, but I was not favored in any of them.

*My eight graded stakes victories occurred at seven different racetracks.

*My sire was perhaps best known as a broodmare sire, but I was not the only champion he produced.

*Besides Thoroughbred horse racing, football was always my favorite sport.

*I won 4 of my final 5 starts, but unfortunately, I was beaten in my final career start at odds of 11-10.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

14 comments:

Michael said...

Bowl Game?

Brian Zipse said...

First guess is a winner!!!

Way to go Michael, it is Bowl Game!

Michael said...

Woo hoo! After a long drought, a trip back to the winner's circle!

Brian Zipse said...

Can you accept your trophy in person, or should I express deliver?

How'd you do it???

Ernie Munick said...

Beaten by four minutes. Trying to figure the margin of defeat.

What slightly threw me - (sour grapes makes good whine) - the word produce made me think female.

Stewards?

"You lose."

GREAT game!

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Dang Brian, I was searching for fillies, with the never able to produce a single winner clue, lol.

Brian Zipse said...

Produce was purposely deceptive, but still 100% accurate ... sorry Big Ern.

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Ernie, same here. I agree, we should take this to the stewards.

Michael said...

I can wait until the Breeder's Cup to pick it up!!! I just looked through Eclipse Award winners and Bowl Game fit the football clue so I looked up his recard and he was in the money 22 out of 23 races and 95.6% was close enough for me!

Ernie said...

I did - rejected by Motumbo

Brian Zipse said...

Nice Michael, you deserve the win!

Ernie & LDP, stewards currently looking into fraudulent foul claims...

Silent Sunday said...

I just logged on to get started and poof...Michael was loose on the lead!! congrats Michael!!

joani said...

What can I say? Well done.

rrivarr said...

Congratulations! That was amazingly quick!