July 17, 2010

Arlington Million Preview Day Winners

The Modesty Handicap kicks off the first of three consecutive graded turf stakes today at Arlington Park. It appears to be strictly a three horse race, and quite a threesome they are. In Tuscan Evening, Rainbow View, and Hot Cha Cha, you have three of the best turf mares in the nation, and all from different regions, squaring off for the first time today. Tuscan Evening is the deserving favorite with her perfect record in five graded turf stakes this year. She is the deserving favorite, but one I will try to beat. The lush Arlington turf course is far different than the firm strips she has grown accustomed to in Southern California. That fact, coupled with the class of her two rivals today, should spell trouble for the chalk today. I think Hot Cha Cha, the Midwesterner, and Rainbow View, the classy European, are both rounding into top form and good enough to get the job done. I will take last year’s QE II winner, Hot Cha Cha narrowly...
***The remainder of today's column can be found on Youbet.com*** Click Here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Modesty is going to be a great race, I love it when a field gets so many top quality runners. Tuscan Evening is my win pick, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the top three win it. It would be a surprise if none of them win it though.
I really like General Quarters in the Arlington Handicap!

Brian Zipse said...

I'd be happy if we got all three coming back for the Beverly D, these three are that good.

It is hard not to like GQ ... thankfully, I like him as much on turf with my head as much as I do with my heart.