July 7, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I won less than half of my lifetime starts, but at 49%, I was pretty close.

*My first stakes victory came in Illinois, but my biggest win came in the Old Line State.

*I raced in seven states and at 15 different racetracks, and I won in all of those states and at 12 of those tracks.

*I once won ten consecutive races, but unfortunately followed that up with an eight race losing streak.

*Despite coming off that losing streak, I was still favored in my most important win.

*I can thank my owner for my somewhat unique name.

*I lived to the age of 24, but I was inducted into Racing‘s Hall of Fame after my death.

*I proved tough as could be in some fantastic battles with a Triple Crown winner.

*I ended my career with just over 500 times more in earnings than my bargain purchase price.

*For my ability, I give much credit to my sire who passed along the goods.

*Two times a champion, I was never a Horse of the Year, because of that Triple Crown winner.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

17 comments:

tencentcielo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tencentcielo said...

Desert Vixen?

Brian Zipse said...

It is not Desert Vixen.

Michael said...

Sarazen?

tencentcielo said...

Susan's Girl?

Brian Zipse said...

Sarazen is incorrect, but... Susan's Girl is also wrong!!!

Marti said...

Alsab

Michael said...

Dammit Marti!!!!

Chiefdave777 said...

Alsab

Brian Zipse said...

Alsab is a winner ... Marti Again!!! The defender, defends!

How did you get this one, Marti???

Michael said...

C'mon Brian. Where are you? Crown the champ since I started at the wrong end of the alphabet.

tencentcielo said...

Damn you Marti!!!! (shakes fist in air)

Good job!

Marti said...

I am just that good, Brian ;-)
But take away all the fluff and go after the TC winners (eliminating the late 60s and 70s altogether, and Alsab stood out like a sore thumb. I also knew he had a match race with Whirlaway, so he was the first name I went after, and everything fit :-)

Brian Zipse said...

You are good Miss Guzman. Very, very good. Like a sore thumb...yes, Alsab raced against Whirlaway three times and won twice including their famous match race.

Marti said...

I know my racing. When I don't, I know where to research the quickest too!
With that said, I will not get the next 10 in a row! LOL

Anonymous said...

I was slow on the draw...:)

joani said...

I came on so late but truth is, I never would have gotten it. Marti, How do you do it? It's amazing!