March 25, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I began my career in Maryland and won seven of my first eight starts.

*I was an East Coaster, but both of my trips to the left coast resulted in victories.

*In my only attempt at 10 furlongs, I was 2nd, beaten only ¾ of a length in a grade 1 stakes race at Belmont.

*I won multiple stakes in each of my three seasons of racing.

*Bred in Maryland, the great Bold Ruler was my grandsire.

*I had many different riders and two different trainers. Both of my trainers are now members of the Hall of Fame.

*I was known more as a sprinter, but I did defeat a champion around two turns.

*I lost my final career start by a neck when I gave the winner, a son of Northern Dancer, 15 pounds in a stakes race at Aqueduct.

*I raced at 13 different racetracks in my 31 career starts.

*Carrying a lot of weight never bothered me, I carried more than 130 pounds in more than one of my wins.

*If you are thinking I may be a bay or a chestnut, you are way off base.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

9 comments:

Kimness said...

I have no clue, but you're either a gray/roan or black
(I'm still trying)

Brian Zipse said...

Keep trying Kimness...you can do it!!!

Abitaamber said...

What A Summer!

Brian Zipse said...

Folks, Abitaamber is on an absolute roll! What a Summer it is.

Silent Sunday said...

What a Summer??

Silent Sunday said...

crap! Goood job abitaamber!!

Brian Zipse said...

So close tjreyn01, but alas, no cigar.

How did you do it Abitaamber???

Huntington Equine said...

nice job - Abitaamber. I was just getting ready to type - and saw you'd answered.

Unknown said...

Yes, HOW do you do it????? That's CRAZY fast! I ALMOST had it...LOL!