November 24, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I was bred in Kentucky, but I did not race in the Blue Grass State until my 47th career start.

*Although I ran on the dirt more than 30 times, turf was the surface which I raced on the most.

*If you know anything about me, you would know who my two favorite characters on Grey’s Anatomy are.

*My greatest career victory came on a dirt track at Santa Anita.

*Well traveled, I won races in three of the six countries in which I competed.

*I went winless in my first season of racing, as well as my last, yet I still managed to take home a winner‘s check in six separate years.

*My Eclipse Award came right after my 6th season on the track.

*I won less than one quarter of my lifetime starts, but I finished in the money more times than most horses ever race.

*My sire won a double digit amount of stakes, with his biggest coming in the Met Mile.

*Rarely on the lead early, I was known for my closing kick.

*My trainer had two first names, one a woman’s, and one a man’s.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Vanlandingham?

Brian Zipse said...

Vanlandingham is not the answer.

Anonymous said...

Cardmania

"scott cosmo"

Rachel said...

Cardmania?

Rachel said...

Darn it!

Brian Zipse said...

Winner, Winner Turkey Dinner!

2 in a row ... for Cosmo! Cardmania it is.

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Rachel, you were so close!

Cosmo, how did you get this one?

Anonymous said...

Derek Meredith being the trainer, Cox ridge being the sire.. not making a start in ky till late in his career at keeneland.. and I'm actually kinda semi married to Kathryn Heigel so she was reading ZATT and called me up with the answer :)

"scott cosmo"

Brian Zipse said...

LOL ... Heigel again!!!

Well done two-time champ!

Rachel said...

She spells her name Katherine not Kathryn.

Had the right sire wrong horse :(

Brian Zipse said...

Rachel, after I saw your son of Cox's Ridge guess, I knew the answer would come soon.