November 4, 2010

The Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile: Tough Nut to Crack

When informed that I was assigned the Dirt Mile as my Breeders’ Cup race to handicap, I wondered how I was left with arguably the toughest nut to crack of all the fourteen races. Displaying just how wide open the race is, the announcement of the morning line surprised many as Morning Line was made the program favorite. I do not see him as the likely favorite, my best guess would be Crown of Thorns, but in this field, who knows.

Here is the field with rider, and morning line odds:
***The remainder of today's column can be found on ThoroFan*** Click Here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aikenite is on his A Game right now, posting a 97 beyer last time out. Lets see if he can hold his own this time ;). We know he loves Churchill Downs, and he looked great working with Quality Road.

Ernie said...

Wish Morning Line were in the Classic.

Go Brian!

Brian Zipse said...

How juicy is Aikenite looking if he goes off anywhere near that 50-1 morning line?

He would probably help set things up for the Big Z. Thanks Ernie ... I am loving your stuff on Breeders' Cup 360!