November 10, 2010

Who Am I ???


*Bred in Florida, I was a champion who was sired by a member of the Hall of Fame.

*I either finished 1st, 2nd or last in ever single start … 75% of them were wins.

*My winning streak of ten races was at seven different tracks and never at the same place two races in a row.

*The year I won an Eclipse Award, my conditioner also took home an award as Outstanding Trainer.

*In my first try around two-turns, I was beaten by a nose, giving ten pounds to a future Sprint Champion.

*Eleven of my wins came in stakes, three of those were of the grade 1 variety, with my first grade 1 victory coming at Monmouth Park.

*All of my wins occurred east of the Mississippi, with Arlington Park being the farthest west.

*In my championship season, I may not have been the top horse in the barn, but I did have a better record than him with 8 wins in 9 starts.

*All of my victories came in one-turn races within the range of five furlongs to one mile.

*Greatly cherished by my connections, I gave them everything I had on the track.

*I was retired after winning my final career race, unfortunately I suffered a bowed tendon in the process.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Groovy?

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Leslie ... Groovy is incorrect.

seetoo said...

Lost in the Fog

Silent Sunday said...

Dearly Precious?

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry seetoo, I can not say yes to Lost in the Fog, when the answer is ... Dearly Precious!!!

Silent Sunday! Bam!!!

Brian Zipse said...

11 minutes Tim, I have one question ... how?

Silent Sunday said...

started with HOF sires, narrowed down to Fl breds...actually got lost with that, honed in on the trainer clue and came across Wajima...and bam, just had to look up other champions from 75.

Brian Zipse said...

You made it sound WAY too easy! Big congrats, if I was still in the 'ville, I would be buying you a Daly. ;-)

By the way ... Wajima was one of my all-time favorites. His battles with Forego were epic!

Silent Sunday said...

A Daly with Sweet Tea! lol Glad I could get back in the win column..my losing streak was starting to look like Mine That Birds! DOH!