June 1, 2010

More From the Dudes

Part 2 ( Game on Dude)

ZAAT: Dude! Hey…glad I found you.

Game on Dude: “Oh, hey ZATT, how are ya? I wondered if I'd see you again.”

ZAAT: You bet Dude, It is always good to see you. How‘ve you been?

Game on Dude: “Ahh, you know. Strikes and splits, ups and downs.”

ZATT: I didn’t realize you were a bowler.

Game on Dude: “Oh yeah man. I love to roll…In a Tuesday night league and everything. We got a shot at the whole enchilada this year.”

ZATT: Nice Dude. I am sure that is fun to get away from the track sometimes. By the way, speaking of the track, congratulations on your Lone Star Derby win.

Game on Dude: “Thanks man. Texas was fun; good food. Grass was a little dry though.”

ZATT: Too bad about that Texas grass. It looks like you are enjoying the Belmont grass there.

First Dude: “New York is, well, I like it man. Lots to look at; got a new lady friend. I think we are going out for some Moo Goo Gai Pan later.”

ZATT: Uh...I see, is she a runner as well?

Game on Dude: “Not sure ZATT…that’s the difference between you and me. Your mind is always on the races.”

ZATT: Well not all the time, but I enjoy my job. My readers want to know your game plan for the Belmont.

Game on Dude: “It's a complicated race, man. Lotta ins, lotta outs. Fortunately Bobby has me adhering to a pretty strict, uh, training regimen to keep me, you know, limber.”

ZATT: Any specific plan for the race?

Game on Dude: “Yeah man.”

ZATT: Can you expand on that answer?

Game on Dude: “Huh?.”

ZATT: Your strategy for the race?

Game on Dude: “Yeah…you know, I’m just going to roll it, let it all hang out.”

ZATT: Pretty laid back, but I guess that is what you are all about.

Game on Dude: “Yeah man.”

ZATT: Best of luck in the Belmont, and take it easy, Dude.

Game on Dude: “Well, you know, the Dude abides.”



Special thanks to Joel and Ethan Coen, whose film The Big Lebowski, was a not so subtle influence on this piece, and were responsible for some of the quotes of both First Dude and Game on Dude.

2 comments:

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Doesn't seem like he wanted to ellaborate too much, lol.

Brian Zipse said...

Slightly tight lipped, but off the record I heard some interesting things...