June 2, 2010

Look to the Longshots In the Belmont Stakes

I have been watching The Test of Champions for the past four decades, and I know it takes a unique kind of horse to succeed over a mile and a half at Big Sandy. The Belmont Stakes is a race that will underscore the greatness of a champion, but it also is one that tends to point out the deficiencies of a lesser horse. Over the years, I have learned to look past the favorites who will be beaten at Belmont. The average winning payoff for the Belmont winner over the last decade is a hefty 40 dollars, and I expect more of the same this year, so my money will be on the live longshots over the clear favorite.
***The remainder of today's column can be found on Youbet.com*** Click Here

5 comments:

Michael said...

Hmmm. Who joined me in picking Stay Put?

Brian Zipse said...

Stay Put has a shot in here...perhaps a longshot exacta?

Anonymous said...

Nice one Brian, I like Stately Victory too, though I didn't chose him to win. His Blue Grass didn't look like a fluke to me.

Unknown said...

If you can't see this race is all about First Dude you guys are crazy. First Dude is by FAR the best horse here. Watch the Preakness again. Duh.

tencentcielo said...

Bold selections Brian! (Applause)

Of course, I'll take anything on top as long as the rest of the trifecta is Ice Box - Game on Dude. :-)