June 9, 2010

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Florida, I was a son of a classic winner, but was purchased as a yearling for only $16,000.

*My five stakes victories came at five different racetracks in four different states.

*I was undefeated as a juvenile, and I won 1 more race than the year before in each of my three seasons on the track.

*My first major stakes win came after the fireworks.

*I was an East Coast horse; the only time I went west, I lost a grade 1 race in a photo finish.

*Dirt was my surface; I never raced on anything else.

*I was never a champion, but I defeated three of them during my career.

*My first two victories came after the sun had gone down.

*The biggest win of my career came at the same track where I once won a race by 15 lengths .

*My name was derived in equal parts from my mother and my father.

*Unfortunately, my trainer, my most regular rider, and I, have all passed away.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

20 comments:

tencentcielo said...

I ain't defending today!!! Don't even know where to begin.

Brian Zipse said...

LOL...you are not giving up, are you???

Abitaamber said...

I think this is far and away the hardest one you've posted yet.

Brian Zipse said...

I will take that a compliment, Abitaamber.

NetworkEmpowerment said...

I'm gonna try Winters Tale.

Abitaamber said...

LOL...I'm not certain it was a compliment. :)

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry it is not Winter's Tale.

tencentcielo said...

Taking a stab here with Silver Buck

Brian Zipse said...

Silver Buck is ... not correct.

Anonymous said...

I think we need another clue

Brian Zipse said...

Another clue or a bigger boat? LOL

tencentcielo said...

Another stab.... Amber Pass

Brian Zipse said...

Another stab, and...we have a winner! Amber Pass it is!

I thought for sure this would have been Abitaamber's day!

Once again, well done tencentcielo!

John B said...

Slew O' Gold
I'm just taking a stab at it!

John B said...

Oops guess I missed it!

Brian Zipse said...

Thanks for the guess, John, but as you know, Slew O' Gold is not today's answer.

tencentcielo...how did you do it???

Abitaamber said...

No idea how I would have gotten it.

Brian Zipse said...

I thought the Amber in both of your names might do it! :)

tencentcielo said...

How I got it:

I opened pedigree query and put in every two word horse name that i didn't know if the connections were alive.

I started with the winners of the Suburban Handicap, then the Brooklyn, Met Mile, Whitney, Woodward, JCGC, Donn and FINALLY the Iselin. When i saw he was a FL-bred, and he only had 9 wins, i knew he was worthy of a guess.

Now if you excuse me, i need a nap. (passes out) :-P

Brian Zipse said...

Sleep well my friend, you deserve it!