December 15, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I was a Kentucky bred, owned and bred by the same powerhouse farm.

*I won 64% of my lifetime starts, and 78% of those wins came in stakes races.

*My first career defeat came when I ran 2nd as the heavy favorite in New York’s premier juvenile race.

*I never ran in the Kentucky Derby, but I once was favored in a grade 1 race at Churchill Downs.

*My Hall of Fame conditioner no longer trains, but he remains very involved in the sport of horse racing.

*I was ridden by the same Hall of Fame rider in all but two of my races.

*Finishing 9th in my final career start at Saratoga, I was beaten by two future Eclipse Award winners, who finished 1-2.

*I won my first five starts by an average margin of nearly six lengths.

*Appreciated by the bettors, I was favored at 8-5 or lower in every start excluding my first and last race.

*My Eclipse Award was the result of my first of two seasons on the track.

*As my name would attest, I had absolutely no fear of the dark.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

7 comments:

Seaneff said...

Before Dawn

Seaneff said...

Sunshine Forever, is my real guess haha

Brian Zipse said...

I'm always a little disappointed when the first answer is a winner, but Seaneff nailed it!

How did you get Before Dawn so quickly, Seaneff?

Brian Zipse said...

You better stick with your first answer. ;-)

Seaneff said...

Haha, Ill stick with my 1st answer then. The give away clue was the trainer no longer trains but he is involved in the industry. John Veitch popped in my head immediately so I looked up his champs.

Ani said...

Shucks! I was going to play, and my answer was going to be...Sunshine Forever! ;)

Brian Zipse said...

Bam! and it's as easy as that ... Congrats!!!

Don't forget .... the next Who Am I??? will be on Horse Racing Nation!