December 8, 2010

Who Am I ???

*A homebred with impeccable breeding, I was not a son of the bluegrass.

*I won just a shade under half of my starts while winning a grand total of nine stakes races.

*My sire and his sire lost less races in their combined careers than I did in any one of my three seasons of racing.

*I never ran in the Kentucky Derby, but one of my initial stakes wins came at Churchill Downs.

*Both my owner and my trainer are members of Racing‘s Hall of Fame, so is my most regular rider.

*My final career race was on the grass, but that was not the norm.

*I won stakes in each of my three years on the track, but two-thirds came in one season.

*My greatest rival and I faced each other ten times over three seasons, and I got the better of him four times.

*I was a multiple stakes winner at each of the three major New York racetracks.

*My Eclipse Award was the result of my 2nd season on the track.

*Not to sound overly boastful, but everyone wishes they had me.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

12 comments:

Michael said...

Susan's Girl?

Brian Zipse said...

No, it is not Susan's Girl.

Michael said...

Desert Vixen?

Rachel said...

Key to the Mint?

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry it is not Desert Vixen, but it is Key to the Mint!

Way to go Rachel ... you are a champion once again!

Rachel said...

Whoo!

Abitaamber said...

Damn it, I had just gotten Key to The Mint.

Brian Zipse said...

How did you get it so fast, Rachel?

Michael said...

Back to the Penguin game!

Big Ern said...

Excellent.

Rachel said...

Orginally I had thought Secretariat. But once you said that he didn't run in the Derby, that was rules him out. Also when you said the rival was a male, which ment more then likely that the horse in question was also male. So I looked at the Eclipse list for three year old males and Key to Mint was the first one that I had to look to see if he didn't run in the Derby.

Brian Zipse said...

Impressive, enjoy your week as the champ ... People will be gunning for you in 7 days!