December 1, 2010

Who Am I ???

*Sired by a Horse of the Year, I was bred in Kentucky by my owner.

*I won just a shade under two-thirds of my starts while only finishing out of the money once, and that was the result of an injury.

*Well traveled, I won stakes races on the East Coast, West Coast and the Midwest.

*My victories came at a distance range of ten furlongs between the shortest and the longest, my losses ranged nine furlongs.

*I was a stakes winner at six different tracks, but my first and last both came at Aqueduct.

*My jockeys, including the Hall of Fame ones, liked to wear polka dots.

*My Eclipse Awards were the result of my 2nd season on the track.

*I once carried at least 130 ponds in six consecutive starts.

*My sire won a double digit amount of stakes, and I won quite a few more than he did.

*My greatest rival and I evenly split our four contests over two seasons.

*Despite my name, I was born, bred, and raced in the USA.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAMASCUS

Brian Zipse said...

A New World's Record!!!

Damascus it is, and in one minute ... skipaway2000, you're my hero!

Brian Zipse said...

Tell us all how you got it so incredibly fast.

Anonymous said...

YAYY!!! I have been trying forever to win this! I love the Damascus/Dr. Fager rivalry, wish I'd seen it in person. I think the polka dots clue sealed it for me!

Alan H. said...

Wow. I didn't even read half of the hints and there's a winner. Good job, skipaway.

Brian Zipse said...

Congratulations! I have a feeling your record will never be broken, and I will never give polka dots as a clue again. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, can I put the world record on my resume'?

Brian Zipse said...

Resume??? After tonight, I don't think you will even need a resume any more! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Darn it. Damascus, of course! I always think when I read these that it's going to be some unknown horse, at least one that isn't as known as Damascus. You're a tricky one Brian.

darlene said...

I missed last night but I see I would have never typed fast enough Great job skipaway