October 6, 2010

Who Am I ???

*A one-time champion, I was bred in Kentucky, and trained by a Hall of Famer most of my career.

*Well traveled, I competed in stakes races at ten different racetracks and on both sides of the Atlantic.

*I spent a great deal of time at a racetrack, and in a state, where I never once ran.

*Two-thirds of my lifetime victories came during my championship season.

*I always felt that my name was a mutual idea.

*I may not have been quite the horse that my sire was, but I did pretty well for myself.

*My stakes wins had a seven furlong spread between the shortest and the longest.

*I won only 1 of 9 races as a juvenile, but after that, I was never off the board.

*My first win was at Aqueduct, my last win in America was at Arlington Park.

*My six stakes wins occurred at five different tracks, in four states, and in two different nations.

*The First Saturday in May proved to be my coming out party.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

40 comments:

Rachel said...

Paradise Creek?

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Rachel ... Paradise Creek is incorrect.

Sharon M said...

Fusaiachi Pegasus

Brian Zipse said...

FuPeg will not make you a winner Sharon.

ScottTheHoosier said...

Lil E tee?

Brian Zipse said...

No, it is not Unbrideled ... nor is it Lil E Tee

ScottTheHoosier said...

GoforGin?

Brian Zipse said...

Scott, it sounds like you need a drink ... keep trying!

Sharon M said...

Spend A Buck?

Sharon M said...

Spectacular Bid?

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry, Spend A Buck will not do it tonight.

Brian Zipse said...

The Bid 1 for 9 as a juvenile? No!

Sharon M said...

LOL! Wild guesses! I'm trying!

Mandy said...

War Emblem??

Brian Zipse said...

LOL ... I like your style Sharon!

Brian Zipse said...

Another Derby winner I have to say no to ... sorry Mandy, it is not War Emblem.

Anonymous said...

Funny Cide?

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Assult?

Brian Zipse said...

Nope, not Funny Cide.

Anonymous said...

Minethatbird won in two nations but I think he was a very successful juvenile...and sadly has not always hit the board since

Brian Zipse said...

Hi LDP ... Assault is incorrect.

Brian Zipse said...

True dat Anonymous.

slickeeboy said...

I'm gonna go old school and try Omaha

Anonymous said...

SMARTY JONES?

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Omaha?

Brian Zipse said...

Old School and Right On!!!

Omaha is the answer ... Congrats Slickeeboy!!!

Anonymous said...

how 'bout Grindstone?

Mike Nentwig said...

Is it Einstein?

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Beaten by a minute! OMG, lol.

Anonymous said...

OMAHA eh? hmm

Anonymous said...

how 'bout Grindstone?

Brian Zipse said...

We have a winner ... how did you nail down Omaha, Slickeeboy?

Sharon M said...

Bold Forbes? I'm the one who needs the drink!

slickeeboy said...

Yay! The "Mutual" kinda gave it away...

Brian Zipse said...

Mutual of Omaha, but of course! Well played sir!

NetworkEmpowerment said...

slick,

Really? I got it by the one out of nine starts at two.

slickeeboy said...

Also, the juvenile record coupled with the fact he is the only derby winner that raced over in Europe.

Rachel said...

You know I forgot about Mutral of Omaha. Good one Brian.

For those who don't know it's an finacial company.

I guess like father like son may have been better clue. :P

Brian Zipse said...

Not quite the only, but I salute your skills. Please wear your championship crown proudly!

Silent Sunday said...

This was a good one tonight Brian! I don't think I would have gotten it. Had family over for dinner and didn't get to tune in til now...stinks, looks like I missed a good one.