August 25, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I was bred in Kentucky, and I was named after a Methodist church.

*I fit more than thirty races into my three seasons of racing, with the most coming in my Eclipse Award year.

*My stakes victories were won at a range of distances of more than 3 ½ furlongs apart.

*I raced multiple times on both turf and dirt, but I only excelled on one.

*All but one of my nine stakes wins either occurred in Arkansas or New York.

*I was ridden by the same Hall of Fame jockey 23 times, including six stakes wins.

*I count a Horse of the Year, a turf champion, a 2y.o. champion, a 3y.o. champion, a 3y.o. filly champion, and an older female champion, among my victims.

*I wore blinkers in my first 3 stakes wins, did not wear them in my next six stakes victories, and then wore them in my final five lifetime starts.

*Arguably my two most important victories came at the same distance and at the same racetrack.

*I was not the most famous horse of my age the year that I won my championship.

*My graded stakes wins included a win at 2-5, as well as, a victory at more than 50-1.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

9 comments:

Rachel said...

King James?

chiefdave said...

Temperance Hill

Brian Zipse said...

King James is incorrect, but Temperence Hill is the one! Way to go chiefdave!!!

Brian Zipse said...

Tell us how you got it so fast chiefdave...

Michael said...

Darn. Came home too late. Temperence Hill is the sire of the mare of the horse we have a piece of!

chiefdave said...

Named after a methodist church, Methodist = Temperance to me. The first Belmont Stakes I saw in person was his. Still the loudest crowd roar I ever heard was when Genuine Risk made the lead for a short while.

Brian Zipse said...

I was afraid that first clue might be a biggie ... well done chiefdave! 11 minutes is impressive, wear your crown with pride!

Anonymous said...

Darn. Temperance Hill is one of my favorite horses!! That was the first horse race I ever saw and my dad won BIG TIME on him too!! I wish I played!!

Anonymous said...

Who am I is such a lazy way out of writing an actual column, if you have nothing to say then don't say anything. Booooooooring!