August 11, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I finished first in more than half of my starts, but a disqualification left my average just under 50%.

*I was a stakes winner in all three of my seasons of racing.

*All five of my graded stakes wins in America occurred at the same racetrack.

*I count a Kentucky Derby winner, a Breeders‘ Cup victor and a Kentucky Derby runner-up, among the horses I defeated.

*Arguably my two best performances were both in million dollar races.

*I was involved in a horrific accident, in which I was the only survivor of the three horses that went down.

*Green was my thing, I never once raced on the dirt.

*I won graded stakes in three different countries and was bred in a fourth.

*Only two jockeys rode me in my final 17 races, one was a George Woolf Memorial Award winner, the other was English.

*I only made one trip to France; c‘est magnifique!

*I had one important thing in common with the recently retired star, Harbinger, as well as BC Classic winner Raven‘s Pass.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

21 comments:

Rachel said...

Beat Hallow?

Brian Zipse said...

Beat Hollow is incorrect.

Silent Sunday said...

I'm completely stumped...

Rachel said...

Fantastic Light?

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Silent Sunday ... and Sorry Rachel, it is not Fantastic Light.

Rachel said...

scratch that the horse started in the US 5 times, but last guess only started once.

Norma said...

Ouija Board?

Brian Zipse said...

It is not Ouija Board.

Ed C. said...

Steinlen?

Rachel said...

Fourstar Allstar?

Greg J. said...

With Approval???

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry, but no to Steinlen, Fourstars Allstar, and With Approval.

Rachel said...

Theatrical?

Brian Zipse said...

It is not Theatrical.

Greg J. said...

Buck's Boy?

Brian Zipse said...

Buck's Boy is incorrect.

tencentcielo said...

Royal Heroine?

Rachel said...

Golden Pheasant?

Brian Zipse said...

Royal Heroine is tonight's answer!!!

Tencentcielo again!?! Well done sir, I bow down to your ability.

tencentcielo said...

If anyone was curious to how i did it, I focused on the clue, "All 5 of my graded stakes wins in America occurred at the same racetrack".

I figured it was either Santa Anita, Hollywood Park or Belmont Park. Then i manually looked at all the winners for the different turf stakes at each respective tracks. Royal Heroine was the only one who fit this clue AND had an odd number of starts. With that, i guessed her and got lucky.

I never did figure out what Harbinger, Raven's Pass and her have in common.

And with this win, i bid all of you adieu. You all have been diligent, steadfast and tough competitors. I wish you luck solving future "Who Am I???"'s and everything else you do. I am gone! :-)

Brian Zipse said...

And just like that he is gone. Will we ever see another like him? Only time will tell...

That clue was for the trainer connection...she was trained by Stoute (Harbinger) and then Gosden (Raven's Pass)