September 29, 2010

Who Am I ???

*A one-time Eclipse Award winner, I was bred in Kentucky, and trained by a Hall of Famer.

*Well traveled, I competed in stakes races at eleven different racetracks and won stakes at seven of those tracks.

*Popular with the bettors, I was sent off as the favorite 25 times.

*Exactly one half of my lifetime victories came during my championship season.

*Dirt was my surface; I never raced on anything else.

*I won more stakes at Santa Anita than anywhere else, but was defeated by the same horse in the Big Cap who had beaten me in an early juvenile stakes.

*My stakes wins only had a three furlong spread between the shortest and the longest.

*I was a multiple graded stakes winner in each of my three years of racing.

*In the money more than 30 times, I was one victory shy of winning half of my lifetime starts .

*My longest winning streak consisted of five straight graded stakes tallies.

*One of my losses came in the Kentucky Derby, where I was considered one of the horses to beat.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

19 comments:

Rachel said...

Gulch?

Michael said...

Black Tie Affair?

Brian Zipse said...

I can't say yes to either Gulch or Black Tie Affair.

Michael said...

Could you try?

Rachel said...

Snow Chief?

Stacy said...

Sounds like Flying Paster but he did not win an Eclipse Award

Michael said...

Skip Away???

Brian Zipse said...

Correct Stacy it is neither of those fine California breds ... Flying Paster nor Snow Chief.

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Michael ... not Skippy.

Michael said...

I thought for sure....he won 18 of 38.

Michael said...

Precisionist?

chiefdave said...

Serens'Song

Rachel said...

Nice job Chief Dave.

Brian Zipse said...

Precisionist is incorrect, but ... Serena's Song is indeed tonight's answer!

chiefdave, way to go!!!

Michael said...

Congrats! Amazing that she was 18 for 38 just like Skip Away!

Brian Zipse said...

Your earlier comment was prophetic, Michael.

How did you get it chiefdave???

CiarĂ¡n said...

her not hitting the board in the Big Cap really threw a big spanner in the works of how I was trying to figure this one out!!

Brian Zipse said...

You guys are too good ... I need a few tricks!

Ernie said...

Audacious campaigner