September 25, 2010

Derby Double Dipping

As Seinfeld’s George Costanza would attest, sometimes it can be fun to double dip. To dip once, enjoy, and then dip again. Taking a page from Costanza, that is exactly what I will be doing this afternoon. I’ll be looking for bigger game than chips though, as I dip twice into the Derby pool. Today’s Pennsylvania Derby at Parx Racing (formerly Philadelphia Park) and Louisiana Downs’ Super Derby offer two competitive fields mixing it up in hopes of climbing the division ladder. It will be for many running today, the last chance to get a graded stake win against their own age, as the older horses loom. Also on the line will be one final opportunity to prove that they are good enough and belong to run five weeks from now at the Breeders’ Cup. In handicapping the duo of Derbies, I found that I have strong feelings for horses that will be somewhat ignored by the bettors, which of course is always a good thing.
***The remainder of today's column can be found on Youbet.com*** Click Here

2 comments:

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Personally I'm a First Dude kinda girl. However if Exhi or ALW were to pull it off I would still be happy.

The Super Derby should be interesting, I haven't looked at all the PP'S yet, but it looks interesting based on the bunch of promising new comers it offers.

Brian Appleton said...

First Dude is so hard not to like here, but I feel like Exhi is the best of this field. I think Concord Point is one of the most talented colts in the nation and Exhi came within a length of him last out.
I also like Afleet Again and A Little Warm with a chance to hit the board, but not as much as the top two.