April 22, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I finished first in seven out of twenty five lifetime starts over my four-year racing career.

*My three biggest victories came within a span of just eight weeks.

*I was bred in Kentucky and owned by a successful Chicago businessman.

*I was ridden by a total of eight jockeys and had a different rider for each stakes win.

*My Run for the Roses ended in a middle of the pack finish.

*I never won a Triple Crown race, but I did beat the Preakness and Belmont winners.

*I had two trainers, one was an American and the other came from the land of the Beatles.

*All of my four stakes wins came in the same season, and three of them were of the grade 1 variety.

*In my best season, I won six times out of thirteen starts.

*My first grade 1 win was won as a longshot, in my last grade 1 win, I was an odds-on favorite.

*I raced at twelve different tracks in my career and in distances ranging from five furlongs to a mile and a half.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

18 comments:

Silent Sunday said...

Just a complete guess of the top of my head..Guided Tour

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry, it is not Guided Tour.

D.P. said...

Badger Land?

Ciarán said...

wise times

Brian Zipse said...

Badger Land...No

Wise Times...Yes!!!

Ciarán said...

boo ya!!

Brian Zipse said...

16 minutes...well done Ciaran!

Ciarán said...

there's my bday present right there, thanks Brian!

Brian Zipse said...

Is today your birthday???

Silent Sunday said...

Good job Ciaran!

Ciarán said...

it is in an hour ten mins! ..gmt !

Ciarán said...

thanks silent sunday :)

Brian Zipse said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Two straight winners from Ireland...kinda scary!

How did you get it Ciaran?

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Nice job Ciaran!

Ciarán said...

thanks guys, jus reckoned to beat a preakness and a belmont winner, he prob ran in the woodward or the travers... so looked thru winners of those til i found the magic 7 wins from 25 starts... i'd like to thank the guys at pedigreequery.com who made this all possible .. :)

Brian Zipse said...

You made it seem easy Ciaran. Big congrats!!!

Kimness said...

Happy Birthday Ciaran!

and GREAT JOB!

(I've never even heard of Wise Times)

Brian - are you ever going to do one from the last decade? LOL

Brian Zipse said...

I have done a few from the past decade Kimness...every week is different.