December 24, 2009

Who Am I ???

*I was a classic Kentucky bred with two Kentucky Derby winners in my pedigree

*Well traveled, my stakes wins came at eight different racetracks and in seven different states.

*Never let go at higher than 5-2, I was clearly popular with the bettors.

*Eight of my eleven lifetime victories came in one of my three seasons of racing.

*Dirt was my surface; I never raced on anything else.

*I was once favored over a Kentucky Derby winner at Belmont, but I was not successful.

*My stakes wins had a three quarter of a mile spread between the shortest and the longest.

*I was a stakes winner in each of my three years of racing.

*My jockey and I had a monogamous relationship, or at least on my end, as he was my only lifetime race rider.

*My impressive winning streak brought me accolades and a place in history.

*One of my losses came in the Mid-Summer Derby, where I was favored to win.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

14 comments:

NetworkEmpowerment said...

I'm gonna go with Risen Star as my first guess

Brian Zipse said...

The answer of Risen Star is incorrect.

Huntington Equine said...

hmmmm, this is good Brian. Working on it!

Marti said...

Stop The Music

Brian Zipse said...

Stop the Music will not stop today's game. We are still looking for a correct answer...

Marti said...

Well I give up! LOL...He was the first one that popped into my mind and I have no time to do the research today....I am STILL not ready for tomorrow. Good luck everyone!! :-)

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Tomorrow! Ha! Marti, we are busting our butts to get ready for tonight, lol.

Silent Sunday said...

I got to at least get a guess in. I'm pretty sure it's wrong though. Nashua??

Brian Zipse said...

Thank you for guessing Tim, but...no it is not Nashua.

Huntington Equine said...

Davona Dale

Brian Zipse said...

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Billy, Billy, Billy! The answer is indeed Davona Dale, the Hall of Fame runner for Calumet from 1978-1980. She won eight straight stakes in her championship season of 1979, and during that streak, she became the only filly to win the old filly triple crown of Kentucky Oaks, Black-Eyed Susan, and Coaching Club Oaks, as well as the modern triple tiara of the Acorn, Mother Goose and CC Oaks. Congrats once again to Mr. Huntington!

Huntington Equine said...

what did everyone give up? Was I right?

Merry Christmas everyone

Huntington Equine said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fun one - had to work hard. Have a great holiday Brian - thanks for the game

Silent Sunday said...

Awesome job Billy!