December 10, 2009

Who Am I ???

*I was born and bred in a country not known for horse racing, which is even more the case now.

*I won races in four different countries and three different continents.

*My sire was unraced, but he had the breeding of a champion and became a leading sire.

*I won my final eight races all of which were strakes races.

*In each of my defeats I finished 2nd and they were both in my native continent.

*I was undefeated in my short career in the United States.

*I won races between 5 furlongs and a 1 3/8 miles and all of my races were on the same surface.

*After my retirement, I was bred in both Europe and the United States.

*I was a champion at three in one country and then a Horse of the Year in a different country at four.

*Big things were expected of me in the United States, but minor injuries kept me away from fulfilling those goals.

*My final race was in Louisville, Kentucky under the twin spires.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

fidel castro

Marti said...

Similarities to Invasor...but too many things don't fit...I have to think on this a a bit more

Michael said...

My head hurts!

Susan White said...

Ferdinand.

Silent Sunday said...

arrgghh! working on it.

Huntington Equine said...

I am working on it too. Susan - Ferdinand was born in Kentucky.

Brian Zipse said...

Fidel Castro - No

My Head Hurts - No

Ferdinand - No

Anonymous said...

el corredor

Michael said...

This looks like another Who Am I that will need a clue at 3 pm! (Unless El Corredor is correct).

Brian Zipse said...

El Corredor is not the answer.

Huntington Equine said...

Ipi Tombe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Zipse said...

Billy Huntington is the Master!!! He knew the great mare from Zimbabwe, Ipi Tombe was today's answer to Who Am I ??? A champion in South Africa and Dubai, Ipi Tombe only made one start in the U.S. before nagging injuries forced her retiremenet. She retired with 12 wins and 2 Seconds in 14 lifetime starts.

Huntington Equine said...

Loved her! Great little mare. The country clue was the tipper! Fun times! thanks!