August 4, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I won 5 out of 7 races during my championship season, but won only 4 times the rest of my career.

*I was not bred in Kentucky, but I was a grandson of Mr. Prospector and a great grandson of Bold Ruler.

*I raced, and won, on both turf and dirt, but I am best known for my victories on the dirt.

*My trainer has saddled numerous champions, but I was his first colt to win an Eclipse Award.

*Both of my grade 1 victories required a photo finish.

*I never raced overseas, but I moved there at the turn of the century.

*I was a California based horse, but I did manage to race at Aqueduct Racetrack five times.

*My most important wins occurred in California, Kentucky, and New York.

*My last career race was my worst, I finished 9th on the turf.

*I ran at 2, 3, and 4, and competed in graded stakes in each year, but all of my graded stakes wins occurred in the same season.

*Dad was named after a writer; Mom liked to have a good time.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

15 comments:

tencentcielo said...

Silver Charm?

Brian Zipse said...

Champ is out early, but his answer is no bueno.

tencentcielo said...

Tasso?

Brian Zipse said...

Tasso it is! Did anyone else even get a chance to play???

Ernie said...

Excellent. I whiffed, off the board

Michael said...

Not even close. Nothing stuck out to me. Congratulations!!!

NetworkEmpowerment said...

I was playing, just didn't find a horse to guess on yet.

Silent Sunday said...

lol..no chance here, just logged on and already done. Congrats!

Brian Zipse said...

tencent is just too good right now ... I might saddle him with 135 next week.

Abitaamber said...

Ha, I stopped @ the Eclipse winners in 87 and started backtracking...

Brian Zipse said...

Two more years amber...

tencentcielo said...

I went through all the horses who won an Eclipse award for 3 yo male, older male, then 2 yo male between the years 1980-1999, going backwards. I looked for 9 wins

(hence the guess with Silver Charm)

then i started to look for where they were bred. After going through 5 or so horses, i got to Tasso.

I feel bad that i keep somehow winning. I've lucked out so many times.Maybe its time to hang it up...

Brian Zipse said...

Retirement??? Or are you just favreing us?

tencentcielo said...

If i 3-peat, I call it a career.

Maybe I'll go play "Who Am I ???: Minor League Baseball edition" or something. :-)

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.