March 18, 2010

Who Am I ???

*A Kentucky bred, I boast Mr. Prospector and Danzig as my great grandsires.

*I won a total six stakes races, three of them were Grade 1s, and three of them were won by at least six lengths.

*I raced in two consecutive Breeders‘ Cups and two consecutive Santa Anita Handicaps, but I won none of them.

*I raced well on turf and dirt, but dirt was my most successful surface.

*Well traveled, I raced in two different countries and my first six career starts took place in six different states.

*I earned more than two million dollars in my four year racing career.

*Trainers and jockeys came and went, I had three different trainers and I lost count after ten riders.

*Rumor has it, ZATT was there the day my dad won the Louisiana Derby.

*As a sophomore, I was victorious in stakes on opposite corners of the nation.

*Unfortunately, I finished my career on a fifteen race losing streak, most of them in Grade 1 races.

*If you are thinking I may be a bay or a chestnut, you are way off base.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

14 comments:

Michael said...

I'll start with Golden Act?

Mike said...

Island Fashion

Michael said...

Never mind. Read it incorrectly.

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Michael, it is not Golden Act.

Ciarán said...

XTRA heat

Brian Zipse said...

Mike...not Michael has it...Island Fashion. Wow 14 minutes, you guys are good!!!

Brian Zipse said...

Congratulations Mike...tell us how you got it so fast.

tencentcielo said...

Arrrgh! I was looking up Petionville progeny and skipped right over Island Fashion.

Good get Michael!

Ciarán said...

nice work mike

Kimness said...

Dang! missed again! timing wise forgot to log on at 2:20- not that i would have got it correct anyway...Hey it wasn't that Tim guy this time!
Congrats Mike!

Mike said...

The first useful clue was the La. Derby winner - figured within the BC time frame, only Risen Star, Grindstone and Petionville were sires I recognized.

I searched progeny of those at Pedigree Query and sorted by lifetime earnings. Petionville had Island Fashion at the very top, over $2M - 2nd best clue - and the pedigree chart verified the Mr. P and Danzig.

Pure 'Net research - had no clue otherwise.

Brian Zipse said...

All that in 14 minutes...impressive Mike! Congratulations you are the Who Am I ??? Champion for the next seven days. Everyone will be trying to knock you off next week.

Rachel said...

Island Fashion was one of my favorite fillies. Actually one of her full sisters had a Hard Spun filly this year.

Unknown said...

UGH! I totally forgot the time! I'm so used to it being kind of dark! I'm putting a reminder in on my calendar for next week...

Brian, I say next time, make it REALLY difficult!!!!! HEHHEE!!!!! I love Who Am I!