November 26, 2009

Who Am I ???

*My best year was in my second season of racing when I won four of my nine starts.

*I was bred in Kentucky and was inbred 3X3 to one of the greatest sires in American racing history.

*My two biggest victories came in consecutive races at the same racetrack.

*My other graded stakes wins came at the Jersey shore and the Suburbs of Cincinnati.

*My prodigious earnings were a major part of my trainers record breaking season.

*I was purchased as a yearling by my owners because my dam shares a name with their daughter.

*I was never a champion, but I was once favored over a Horse of the Year.

*I was a graded stakes winner around two turns in only my third career start.

*All of my races were in the Eastern half of the United States.

*I ran in the same Breeders’ Cup race in back to back years where I fared much better the first go-round.

*Unfortunately, I finished off the board in my final 3 starts.

*Today I happily stand at stud not far from my birthplace in Kentucky.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

5 comments:

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Here is my first try, Wando?

Brian Zipse said...

The defending champ comes in with the first guess, and...sorry, Wando is incorrect.

Carol / Kat said...

Brian - is it Flower Alley??, Carol

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Dang, well off to try again?

Hey! Your pressuring me unfairly! Marti has been unbeaten before and you don't call him defending champ, lol.

Brian Zipse said...

Winner, winner, turkey dinner!!! Carol knew the answer to be Todd Pletcher's fine colt from just a few years ago...Flower Alley. Congratulations Carol, wear your ZATT Who Am I ??? crown proudly!