February 11, 2010

Who Am I ???

*I won more than half of my lifetime starts and only finished out of the money one time.

*My biggest victory was the perfect race to win for my owner.

*My five career stakes wins came at five different racetracks and at five different distances.

*I ran two of my finest races in my final two races, unfortunately neither produced a victory.

*Just under half of my lifetime starts were in the Garden State.

*One of my primary jockeys was easily more than double the age of my other primary rider.

*My name is 50% my mother and 50% my father.

*As a three-year-old, I was not a champion, although I bested the champ in what would be each of our final career start.

*Unfortunately, I ran ninth in the race directly following my most important win.

*I was an East Coast guy, never having raced west of Hialeah, Florida, and ending my career at the Spa.

*My undistinguished career as a stallion included time in Illinois, Maryland and Kentucky.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

38 comments:

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Deputed Testamony?

Brian Zipse said...

No, it is not Deputed Testamony.

Ciarán said...

Delta Flag?

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry, not Delta Flag.

Ciarán said...

skip away?

Ciarán said...

formal gold?

Brian Zipse said...

Skip Away ... No

Formal Gold ... No

NetworkEmpowerment said...

King Glorious?

Michael said...

Gilded Time?

Brian Zipse said...

It is...not King Glorious.

Brian Zipse said...

No to Gilded Time.

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Wise Times?

Silent Sunday said...

noble nashua

Silent Sunday said...

noble nashua

Brian Zipse said...

Not Wise Times, nor is it Noble Nashua.

Michael said...

Marias Mon.

Brian Zipse said...

Maria's Mon is not the correct answer today Michael.

I think our defending champion, Tim, liked his answer so much he said it twice.

Unknown said...

Cherokee Colony! Winner of the flamingo stakes! Jan 1st 1988!

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Ricky, Cherokee Colony is incorrect.

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Our Native?

Brian Zipse said...

Good try, but...Our Native is not who I am looking for.

Silent Sunday said...

Cavan?

Michael said...

bold revenue?

Michael said...

From mid-court....Aloma's Ruler!!!!

Anonymous said...

pistol&roses

Anonymous said...

joe capodici

Anonymous said...

swan song

Brian Zipse said...

Let's See...Covan - No, Bold Revenue - No, Pistols & Roses - NO, and Aloma's Ruler - Yes!

Michael, Michael, Michael...Winner!

Michael said...

Wooo hooo!!!! #2 for me. A bright spot in a snow plowing day!!!

Brian Zipse said...

How did you know it was the 1982 Preakness winner Michael?

NetworkEmpowerment said...

Nice job Michael

Ciarán said...

Nice work!

Michael said...

Well, I pulled out my 2004 Blood-Horse Stallion register and went through the Illinois leading sires using the name clue, figuring that Illinois would not have much to look at. That was after I ruled out Broad Brush, Allens Prospect and Our Emblem.

All net from mid-court!!!!!

Silent Sunday said...

Good job Michael!

Brian Zipse said...

So many interesting strategies to best Who Am I ??? I love it...well done Michael, you are a deserving champion!!!

Michael said...

I am bowing to all the congratulations!!! Thanks!

The_Knight_Sky said...

LOL you guys are a riot.

Congrats to Michael. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael I love Marias Mon! He's really doing good at stud.His son Mr Ross was a nice horse we had a lot of fun with him! I think he's still in Oklahoma. I love anything by him, there allways runners really salty on the track!