December 31, 2009

Who Am I ???

*I won exactly half of my lifetime starts, in fact I won half of my starts at two, half at three and half at four.

*Each successive year I won more races, more stakes and bigger races than the previous year.

*I raced on both dirt and the grass, but I much preferred one over the other.

*I won one Derby and finished third in another Derby.

*My wins had a five furlong spread between the shortest and the longest.

*I was defeated by a Preakness winner and three different Breeders‘ Cup winners.

*I won some big races, but the biggest was my final career win and my third to last start before retirement.

*My eight stakes wins came at four different racetracks and three different distances.

*You can keep New York, Belmont Park was the sight of my poorest lifetime performance.

*My last two races were very disappointing, but I had solid excuses in those races.

*Today I am a shuttle stallion, breeding in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

19 comments:

Michael said...

Well, I'm up to the H's in the Stallion register for 2009 and no luck yet. E Dubai was the closest.

Brian Zipse said...

LOL...Michael, that is one way to attack Who Am I ???

Michael said...

Well, he's not in the 2009 Blood Horse Register so he is either not in the US, a new stallion, a page stuck together and I missed it or he is dead.

Brian Zipse said...

hmmmm, I wonder which it could be? Or maybe you are trying to help your competition.

Ciarán said...

he must be a great sire with a great pedigree... because your lack of breeding related clues is conspicuous by it's absence Brian!!

Michael said...

Well, he's not in 2010 either! I need a break! Wheeew.

Ciarán said...

MR. PROSPECTOR

Brian Zipse said...

I am afraid you are going down the wrong path Ciaran, the answer is not Mr. Prospector.

Ciarán said...

ya, I have no idea of his race record , jus threw it out there.

Anonymous said...

spend a buck''''''''

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Anonymous, the answer of Spend A Buck is not correct.

Michael said...

K One King is the only one I could find that fits the record category.

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Michael, The answer is not K One King.

Michael said...

Oh well, unless I am reading the first clue incorrectly, I didn't see him in the 2004 register either. Good luck everyone. I have to take the dog to the vet so unless it is still unanswered at around 3, I have to drop out. Great one today Brian!!!!

Jeanetta said...

I'm just going to guess...Silver Charm?

slickeeboy said...

I'm gonna go with Dylan Thomas.

Brian Zipse said...

Silver Charm is wrong, but...our first guess of a foreign horse is correct. slickeeboy knew the answer to be the top notch horse from Ireland, Dylan Thomas. The European Horse of the Year of 2007 was called the greatest horse he has ever ridden by Kieren Fallon. Congratulations slickeeboy!!!

Ciarán said...

grrr, i checked epsom derby winners that cudda ran in BC's at belmont, and then decided it wasnt a European! silly me. well done slickieboy..and Brian!

Michael said...

Double GRRRRRRRRR. Brian outfoxed everyone. I saw the exact quote he is referring to and said that was too easy so I just passed over Dylan Thomas. I just thought he was a household name and Brian's Who Am I is rarely that easy! Another great job. Thank you Brian and Happy New Year to you and your family!