November 5, 2009

Who Am I ???

*I won 16 races on the dirt and none on the turf, yet the race named in my honor is contested on the grass.

*I ran true to my name and contributed to my father’s impressive streak.

*I did not race at 2, but I made up for it with long, productive seasons at 3, 4, and 5.

*I raced on the East Coast and the West Coast, but never in between.

*I was born at Claiborne Form and I died at Claiborne Farm, where I passed away far too young.

*I thoroughly enjoyed my Summers in Upstate New York.

*I faced many great horses, although none were finer than the horse that beat me in the Californian.

*I have to say that I am not a big fan of the Garden State.

*My trainer was inducted into the Hall of Fame the year before I was born, but most would agree, I was his best horse.

*Was I a champion ??? How about in three consecutive years bucko!

*It did not take a long time for me to enter the Hall of Fame, unfortunately, it was a posthumous honor.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Buckpasser???

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Heather, the answer is not Buckpasser.

Nancy McLean said...

Gamely ?

Billy Huntington said...

Gamely

Brian Zipse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Zipse said...

Nancy beats Billy by a nose...what a race!!!

Billy Huntington said...

Good job Nancy! I was going as fast as I could! Love it - fun stuff.

NetworkEmpowerment said...

I love these Brian, I wish I could participate, you can bet when school gets out I will. Nice job.

Luvbarbaro said...

Isn't it Citation?

Luvbarbaro said...

Boo- Sure hope I do better in the Breeders Cup.

Brian Zipse said...

It was indeed the excellent race mare from the late 60s...Gamely! Well done Nancy! 2nd Place to Billy and sorry Luvbarbaro, no dice.