October 29, 2009

Who Am I ???

*I was born in Maryland, became a star in New York, and passed away in Kentucky.

*If you added up all of my losses, the sum total would be but one.

*In my only race at Saratoga, I won by more than 7 lengths. My only race at Keeneland, I won by twice that much.

*My trainer was born in Kentucky, became a hero in New York, and passed away in Florida.

*When I won my Eclipse Award, I was still undefeated.

*It is no wonder that I could run, both my Dad and my Mom produced champions other than myself.

*At stud I produced many stakes winners and four millionaires, but my only champion raced far removed from his proud papa.

*I raced less than 10 times, but I made a lasting impression on those who saw me in person.

*I had both a full sister and a full brother who were major stakes winners, proof that Mom and Dad really loved each other.

*My final 5 stakes wins were at 5 different tracks and in 4 different states.

*I was retired to a farm in Kentucky mainly because I was more valuable at stud, than I was on the track.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

6 comments:

Nancy McLean said...

Nashua, Trained by Sunny Jim Fitzsimmons.
-Nancy McLean

Brian Zipse said...

Sorry Nancy, it is not Nashua.

CJ said...

Devil's Bag?

Brian Zipse said...

We have a new champion...CJ! The correct answer is the 1983 Juvenile Champion, Devil's Bag. Syndicated for $36 million while still a 2-year-old, the Woody Stephens trained colt was a son of Halo out of Ballade, who also produced Glorious Song and Saint Ballado together. Well done CJ!

Anonymous said...

just a test to see if I can comment.

Dan said...

I finally got one! I saw Devil's Bag win the Champagne many years ago.

This is the first time I have commented and I wanted to say that I am loving what you are doing. You should right for the Racing Form. Keep up the good work!

Dan