September 24, 2009

Who Am I ???

*I finished first in 7 out of 22 lifetime starts over my two year racing career, although the official record only credits me with six wins.

*My two biggest victories came in consecutive races at the same racetrack.

*My other graded stakes win was as a 2-year-old, but that one was taken away from me by the stewards on a disqualification.

*I was bred in Kentucky and my grandsire, Bold Ruler, is considered one of the greatest sires in American racing history.

*I was ridden by nine different jockeys and 6 of them are in the Hall of Fame, but Eddie was my favorite.

*My two word name comes in equal parts from my Sire and my Dam.

*In my most important win, I was one of eight horses in the race to win at least one Grade 1 race.

*I ran a staggering 17 times as a 3-year-old, with 5 wins.

*That most important win of mine came on a muddy track at 24-1.

*I had two trainers, but that was only because I spent a Winter in sunny California with Mr. Lukas.

*My last race was in Louisiana, but most of my races (16) and all of my wins were in New York.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

3 comments:

Billy Huntington said...

Willow Hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that was some work. Loved his sire Bold Hour. Willow Hour was a cool horse.

Brian Zipse said...

I am impressed! Two weeks of Who Am I ???, and two correct answers from Mr. Billy Huntington...well done sir!!!

Brian Zipse said...

Willow Hour, trained mostly by Jimmy Picou, shocked the world when he won the Jim Dandy at 18-1 and Travers at 24-1. Ridden by Eddie Maple, Willow Hour defeated champions Pleasant Colony and Lord Avie and other Grade 1 winners Noble Nashua, Five Star Flight, Lehmi Gold, Summing, and Fairway Phantom in the Travers.